MSYS2 is a software distro and building platform for Windows
At its core is an independent rewrite of MSYS, based on modern Cygwin (POSIX compatibility layer) and MinGW-w64 with the aim of better interoperability with native Windows software. It provides a bash shell, Autotools, revision control systems and the like for building native Windows applications using MinGW-w64 toolchains.
It features a package management system to provide easy installation of packages, Pacman. It brings many powerful features such as dependency resolution and simple complete system upgrades, as well as straight-forward package building.
- MSYS2 can't be installed on FAT* partitions.
- Current MSYS2 can't be installed on Windows XP anymore.
Download and run the installer - "x86_64" for 64-bit, "i686" for 32-bit Windows
Enter Installation Folder (ASCII, no accents, spaces nor symlinks, short path)
Tick Run MSYS2 now
Update the package database and core system packages with:
If needed, close MSYS2, run it again from Start menu. Update the rest with:
Now Pacman is fully committed to the Windows cause :)
Take look at Detailed MSYS2 install guide
for troubleshooting and additional details on how to keep your MSYS2 up-to-date.
- Alexpux (Алексей)
- martell (Martell Malone)
- mingwandroid (Ray Donnelly)
- Elieux (David Macek)
- Renato Silva
- read our wiki on GitHub
- file issues on GitHub
- search for older issues for msys2 packages on GitHub
- search for older issues for mingw-w64 packages on GitHub
- search for very old tickets on SourceForge
- read and post to our mailing list
- talk on our IRC channel
- talk in our Gitter room
- read older discussion on SourceForge
- more links on our developer homepage on GitHub
to Alexey Pavlov (@alexpux)
To webmoney wallets:
To Paypal account: firstname.lastname@example.org
To yandex.money: 41001429355429
to Ray Donnelly (@mingwandroid)