MSYS2 is a software distro and building platform for Windows
At its core, it is an independent rewrite of MSYS, based on modern Cygwin (POSIX compatibility layer) and MinGW-w64 with the aim of better interoperability with native Windows software. It provides a bash shell, Autotools, revision control systems and the like for building native Windows applications using MinGW-w64 toolchains.
It features a package management system, Pacman, to provide easy installation of packages. It brings many powerful features such as dependency resolution and simple complete system upgrades, as well as straight-forward package building.
- MSYS2 can't be installed on FAT* partitions.
- Current MSYS2 can't be installed on Windows XP anymore.
- Download and run the installer
Enter Installation Folder (ASCII, no accents, spaces nor symlinks, short path)
Tick Run MSYS2 now
Update the package database and core system packages with:
If needed, close MSYS2, run it again from Start menu. Update the rest with:
Now Pacman is fully committed to the Windows cause :)
Take look at Detailed MSYS2 install guide for troubleshooting and additional details on how to keep your MSYS2 up-to-date.
Authors and Contributors
- Alexpux (Алексей)
- martell (Martell Malone)
- mingwandroid (Ray Donnelly)
- Elieux (David Macek)
- lazka (Christoph Reiter)
- Renato Silva
Support and Contact
- read our wiki on GitHub
- browse our package lists
- search for and file issues for msys2 packages on GitHub
- search for and file issues for mingw-w64 packages on GitHub
- search for very old tickets on SourceForge
- read and post to our mailing list
- talk on our IRC channel
- talk in our Gitter room
- read older discussion on SourceForge
- more links on our developer homepage on GitHub
Alexey Pavlov (@alexpux)
Webmoney transfer to the following webmoney wallets:
To Paypal account: email@example.com
To yandex.money: 41001429355429
Ray Donnelly (@mingwandroid)